Last Modified: 7/16/2021.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, an anonymized string created from your email address, telephone number, professional information (such as job title and employer), or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (personal information).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Do Not Track (DNT) is a setting in a web browser (but for which there is no universal standard) that expresses a preference that websites not track your online behavior elsewhere. Our Website does not respond to DNT signals or turn off tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Sonar, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources, or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We retain your personal information so long as it serves the purposes listed in this Policy and to comply with our legal obligations.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To the contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sonar’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sonar about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service available at com/terms-of-service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sonar, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see California Privacy Rights for more information. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statutes opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see California Privacy Rights for more information.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. The California Consumer Privacy Act (the CCPA) grants state residents certain rights, including the rights to access specific types of personal data, to learn how we process personal information, to request deletion of personal information, and not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights. We do not sell personal information. Please contact us at [email protected] to exercise your CCPA rights. We may need to verify your identity and place of residence before completing your rights request. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Special Rights Related to the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), the provisions of this section apply to you. We may process your personal information because you have given us permission to do so (e.g., by subscribing or sending data through our Website), because the processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or because we need to process your personal information to comply with the law. Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), if you wish to know what personal information we hold about you, to have us remove it, or otherwise to exercise your rights, please contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, you also have the following rights related to your personal information:
- The right to access, update or delete your personal information;
- The right of rectification (to have your information altered if it is inaccurate or incomplete);
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- The right of restriction (to request that we restrict how we process your personal information);
- The right to data portability (to receive a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format);
- The right to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information; and
- The right to complain to an EEA data protection authority (a government agency) about our management of your personal information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, and will notify you if the security of your personal information ever becomes compromised. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at [email protected].